Saturday, August 23, 2008

Bloody Italian Fest

Ok, remember my riveting time out rant from yesterday? You know, I started to think, God, that's a little whiny, isn't it? Well...my son felt a need to expand upon my point. Dante, who is almost 20 months, decided to wake up at 11:30 last night and it was now, party time. He didn't want a diaper, a binkie, the music, a bottle, a lullaby sung by his mommy (the child does have a sophisticated ear. At midnight, he just can't fake it for the sake of my delicate feelings).

So after many up and downs to his room - where he would lay on his tummy and kick his legs up and down so hard his torso would flip up like a landed bass, I gave up and brought him downstairs. Believe me, it was quite tempting to slip him some of my wine in his sippy cup, but I maintained this side of legality in child care and gave him some warm chocolate milk instead. After about a half hour of dog whisperer, he gave in at 1:00 am. I don't have any dogs - I use the tips as child raising techniques.

Back to the point...yes, during that 1 1/2 process I would have gladly tapped out. Early that evening we went to a street fair where my three year old daughter Alana was wailing about everything. On the way out, she decided to focus exclusively on balloons. She becomes so singular in purpose, it reminds me of the paperboy in "Better of Dead." Go here to see what I mean:

I Want My Two Dollars: Collection

Anyway, her extensive yelling resulted in a nose so bloody, it was a faucet pouring out of her screaming frame, covering her little arm, leg, my arm and leg and looking all in all like a Gambino crime family scene, no less since this was an Italian festival. No one in my family can take blood, so thank God my boyfriend has a stronger stomach and was able to help. Of course, we saw someone he knows professionally, as he was carrying my bleeding screaming 3 year old down the road. He's a psychologist, so they probably aren't going to be making any recommendations to him soon.

My needy children expect me to now feed them. I swear, it is all about them, 24 /7.