Friday, August 22, 2008

Intro

Ok, I jumped on the blog bandwagon. Maybe its because I'm such a joiner, maybe its because I feel a need to express myself to everyone who does not just straight out say shut up, but the main reason is my life of procrastinating. So I'll keep this up until something else catches my fancy, or this feels like work.

I plan to do this as a means of expressing what single momhood is really like. The thing is, people still either think its some expression of strength in the "I don't need a man" category, which also carries the awestruck "how do you do it?" phraseologies, as if I should be studied. Then there are those who believe it was selfish of me to not suck it up and marry the father of my three kiddos when I had the chance, notably said father who now feels whatever tragedy befalls me, was my own creation so basically I can suck it. Then there are those who feel, "what's the big deal?" which are mainly people without kids or men with wives who are the over the top primary caretakers.

There's lots to think about and do as a SM. My beau remarks whenever we are alone for a few hours without any kids (he has a daughter) how after about 6 hours, my jaw finally starts to unclench and neck veins subside. There is just always, endlessly something, and it is always entirely up to you to deal with it. There is no tagging out. When children are crying, you're it. When children are sick, you're it, when there are parties to buy presents for and parties to plan, you're it.
Ok, 4 year old is downstairs, at 10:00 pm, sans pajama bottoms and crying. Although she appears somewhat comical, probably must sign off and deal with immediate situation. Be back, oh..I don't know...next opportunity of five minutes of down time...October?